Food Photography and Delicious new recipes = A fantastic work day. Have I mentioned I love my job? I love cold milk in mason jars and giant, warm rice krispy treats too. Take a look!
Brown Butter Rice Krispy Treats
12 cups of Rice Krispy Cereal (1 box)
2 Sticks of Butter
20 oz of Marshmallows (the mini ones!)
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
1. Cut your sticks of butter into tablespoon size squares (essentially just small even pieces), and drop into a pot on medium-low heat.
2. Stir constantly and brown the butter. This was my first time browning butter, so if you’re new at this step too then follow these instructions! Those step by step instructions led me to brown butter perfection.
3. Once you’ve browned the butter, turn the heat to low and add the marshmallows and salt. Stir constantly until mixture is smooth.
4. Turn off the heat and add the rice krispies! Stir until evenly mixed. Work quickly, because the cooler the mixture gets, the tougher it is to work with!
5. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 cake pan and mash down quickly with your hands or a spatula. This gets sticky, but I found that using my hands to pack it down into the pan was more effective than the spatula (that everything clings too and pulls back up).
6. Let cool completely before cutting into squares (but of course you should eat whatever is left on your spoon/spatula/hands/pot because NONE of this should go to waste…trust me).
7. Take that cooled pan over to your couch and start eating! Just kidding….maybe…use as much self restraint as you can manage, but let me tell you…you’ll never see rice krispy treats the same way again.